A Treasure Chest is a random encounter when exploring. It can be opened using a two digit combination lock which answer can be found by answering a question. It's also possible to Bash the chest for a chance to open it without answering the question.
There are three types of treasure chests:
- The Age Chest: An age is given. If the player is given a number of years it will be until they are that age, the player must subtract it from the given age to find the answer. If the player given a number of years and asked how much older a person of the given age would be after that long, the player must add the two numbers to find the answer.
- The Liquid Chest: You are given an amount of liquid (e.g. milk, oil) and asked how many containers of a certain size it could fill. Simply divide the bigger number by the smaller number. The answer is the result without whatever decimal it has.
- The Farm Chest: The question involves chickens, horses, and/or 3-legged cows. The player is given 2 of those types of animals, a number of legs, and a number of heads. The player is asked the number of each animal type that would yeild that combination of legs and heads. The question can be answered by simultaneously solving a system of 2 equations, 1 equation for number of legs and 1 equation for number of heads.
- Equation: Ax + B(P-x) = C
- Variables: A = # legs on animal A, B= # legs on animal B, x= # of animal A, P= total # animals, C=total number of legs. If you plug all of these in and solve for x you have the number of animal A. To avoid negative numbers you should make animal A the animal with more legs (never the chicken!). If you need the number of chickens just subtract C-x.
Reward: Single random item listed here
- Armor or Weapons - Tip: Lost Relic quest can guarantee a weapon or armor.
- Demon Keys
- Arena Pass
A solver for these puzzles can be found at http://dream-world.50webs.com/index.html